TEMPORARY HOURS (UPON REOPENING)
MON–FRI: 5:30 AM– 8:00 PM
SATURDAY: 7 AM– 5 PM
SUNDAY: 9 AM– 1 PM
Whether you’re a competitive swimmer or just like to wade, we’ve got something for everyone at the Kroc Center. Our Aquatics Department, complete with American Red Cross certified instructors and lifeguards, is dedicated to providing quality classes, training and play in a safe environment, no matter your age or ability.
The Kroc Center is proud to be a partner in USA Swimming's Make a Splash initiative, a national child-focused water safety campaign aiming to provide the opportunity for every child in America to learn to swim. Click for more information.
What should I bring?
Please make sure to have the following items for your visit:
What are the pool age requirements?
Children aged 6 and under must have an adult (16+) within arm’s reach at all times. Children aged 7–11 must have an adult in the water. Once a child passes a swim test, supervision may be poolside.
What is lap swim?
The lap pool is open for swimmers (ages 12+). Stopping, standing, and aqua jogging are not permitted in the lap pool when lane dividers are being used. Aqua joggers may use other available pool areas..
What is the leisure pool?
General pool areas are open for recreational use. Lap lanes are available. Water features are turned off during this time. The lazy river is not turned on during this time.
What is the river?
The current in the river area creates a good, low-impact workout, or ride on a tube for ultimate relaxation.
What is toddler swim?
Parents with small children may use the zero-depth entry area and (when indicated) the toddler play features for a quieter pool experience (classes may be conducted during this time). Hot tub is available.
Do you have water fitness classes?
What is open swim?
All pools, including the large water slide, water basketball area, lazy river, and toddler play area may be used during open swim..
Do you offer certification courses?
The Kroc Center offers American Red Cross certification and review courses in Waterpark Lifeguarding and CPR/AED/First Aid.
*Class offerings may vary by program session. Please refer to the current program guide for a complete list of aquatics classes.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions regarding our aquatics programs,
please contact our Aquatics Manager, Jessica Viau, at 616.588.7200 ext. 2037.
• Evaluate your child’s swim ability and choose a class level, date and time from the calendar below or the Program Guide. Click here to sign up online.
• Check-in to your class at The Kroc front desk. Remember to bring a towel and rinse off before entering the pool!
• At the end of the set of lessons, your Instructor will recommend the appropriate class level for the next set of lessons. Class levels are frequently repeated to allow students to master skills and feel successful before moving on to a new level.
• Parent & Child: Two levels are offered to help your child adjust to the water and begin learning basic skills through fun and games.
• Preschool: Four levels are offered for 3–4 year olds, ranging from beginner skills with a parent joining for part of the class to performing skills without assistance.
Level 1 requires parent participation.
• Learn-to-Swim: Lower levels teach basic swimming and water safety skills while higher levels build on endurance and repetition and introduce new swim strokes and skills.
Lessons for Teens & Adults: We offer a teen swim lesson specifically for 12–17 year olds that have little to no swimming ability. Adult swim lessons are offered in three different levels: The Basics, Swimming for Fitness, Improving Skills & Swim Strokes.
Private & Semi–Private Lessons: Private lessons are
1-on-1 with an instructor, while semi–private lessons are taught with two participants of similar swimming ability. These classes can be more customized to the participants’ ability and needs.
If you are interested in booking private or semi–private lessons, please contact the Aquatics Department at 616.588.7200, ext. 2037.
PARENT GUIDE TO SWIM LESSONS
TYPES OF YOUTH
TEEN AND ADULT
The Kroc Center is proud to offer the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program using certified instructors. This progressive lesson program helps children learn the fundamentals of swimming and water safety through the teaching and assessment of critical water skills. Depending on a child’s abilities, they may remain at the same Learn-to-Swim level for more than one session.