HOURS OF OPERATION
YELLOW PHASE HOURS:
MON–FRI: 6 AM–12 PM AND 3–7 PM
SAT: 7 AM– 1 PM SUN: CLOSED
In order to facilitate positive life experiences while visiting the Kroc Center, mutual respect between members, guests, and staff is required at all times. Failure to observe these policies will result in disciplinary action and/or termination of membership privileges. Some areas have individually posted rules. Please check these rules before entering the area. Kroc Center personnel have the right to refuse service to anyone deemed disruptive or abusive.
• For the safety and security of all, members are required to check in at the welcome desk with their membership card.
• Spectators are required to purchase a Day Pass.
Child Facility Access
• 0–11 year olds must be accompanied by an adult (16+) at the Kroc Center.
• 12–15 year olds may only use the fitness equipment after completing a Teen Fit Permit class. Call or visit the Fitness Desk for more information about the class.
• 12+ year olds may use any area on the first floor of the facility without an adult.
• Ages 16+ may use the entire facility.
Appropriate clothing is required while using the Kroc Center:
• All clothing must exhibit good taste, contain no offensive words or pictures, and be clean.
• Shirts must reasonably cover the front and back of the torso. Pants and shorts must be worn above the waistline and cover the entire bottom.
• Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times, except in the pool.
• Shoes must be clean of dirt and not leave marks. Open-toed shoes, including sandals, are not permitted on the fitness floor or climbing wall.
• Swimmers must wear a clean bathing suit. Swim diapers and rubber pants are required for children who are not fully potty-trained.
• Wet clothing is not allowed outside the pool or locker rooms.
• Members or guests whose body odor is offensive or disruptive to others will be discreetly informed by Kroc Center staff.
• All decisions regarding whether clothing meets the guidelines will be made by Kroc Center staff.
• Food and beverages are permitted in designated areas only.
• Only spill-proof sport bottles are allowed on the fitness floor and in the gym.
Aquatics Center Guidelines
• A cleansing shower is required before pool entry.
• A clean bathing suit is required. Street clothes and cut-offs are not permitted.
• Life jackets must be Coast Guard–approved.
• Children who are not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper.
• Children aged 6 and younger must be accompanied in the water within arm’s reach of an adult (aged 16+). Adults accompanying children aged 7 and older who have passed a swim test may remain poolside.
• Children under the age of 12 may place only their feet in the hot tub.
• The required height to use the slide is 48 inches.
• Guests are responsible for recognizing their own limitations and acting in the best interest of their own safety. Lifeguards may stop any activity that is deemed unsafe and may cause injury or conflict.
For safety, the following items/actions are prohibited:
• Running, diving or horseplay, including sitting on the shoulders of others, throwing guests and hanging on lap lane dividers or splash pad features
• Prolonged breath holding
• Street shoes
• Food, beverages or gum
• Use of the pool if guest has a communicable disease or open sore
• Other activities that Kroc Center lifeguards determine are unsafe
The following are strictly prohibited on the Kroc Center campus:
• Possessing a firearm or other type of weapon
• Being under the influence of, or in possession of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances
• Bringing pets inside the facility (with the exception of handicap assistance dogs) or animals outside the facility that are not on a leash 8’ or shorter in length (Grand Rapids city ordinance)
• Use of open flame
• Solicitation of funds (unless approved by the Kroc Center)
• Using or storing bicycles, skates and skateboards inside the Kroc Center
• Taking pictures or video of guests without permission
• Use of amplified music without permission from the Kroc Center
• Use of the facility by outside agencies for monetary gain without paying a rental fee
• Conducting programs or services without prior approval that are similar or in conflict with services, programs or events sponsored by the Kroc Center, including personal training and private swim lessons
In cases of severe weather, the Kroc Center may cancel programs and drop-in classes held prior to 4 PM. A determination will be made at 2 PM for programs and classes starting after 4 PM.
Programs, rentals, or events on the Kroc Center outdoor campus will be suspended in the event of thunder or lightning and not be allowed to resume until thirty minutes after the last lightning and/or thunder is observed.
All efforts will be made to create a make-up class if it is cancelled due to inclement weather or causes beyond our control. Partial refunds are not available. The decision to close the Kroc Center will be made independently of the decision to cancel classes and programs.
For closure information, visit GrKrocCenter.org or Facebook.com/GrKrocCenter, or call 616.588.7200 for updates.