The Salvation Army is dedicated to keeping children and vulnerable adults safe from physical, emotional and sexual harm. This is part of our commitment to children through the "Safe From Harm" protection program.
Safe From Harm guidelines ensure The Kroc Corps Community Center emphasizes safety in the following ways:
• Salvation Army personnel (officers, employees and volunteers) are trained in child abuse prevention and encouraged to report suspected child/vulnerable adult abuse.
• Salvation Army personnel undergo criminal background checks.
• Adults accessing the facility are screened against public sexual offender registry.
• The Kroc Center maintains video surveillance of the facility 24 hours a day.
• Instructors are trained in appropriate interactions with Kroc members to enhance learning by creating a safe and inviting environment.
• Programs involving children are closely monitored to ensure adequate supervision and safe interactions between Kroc personnel and children.
• The Kroc Center constantly adapts and enhances safety protocols to adjust to needs.
Members and guests are encouraged to report suspicious behavior.
The Salvation Army Kroc Center reserves the right to remove from the facility and terminate the membership of any member who fails to comply with any posted rules and regulation or otherwise breaches the Code of Conduct, in which case member will not be entitled to a refund of dues.