NOTE: The Kroc Scholarship program is currently at capacity, no applications are being accepted at this time.
Please watch this space for information on when scholarships will become available; the Kroc does not maintain a waiting list for scholarships.
The Kroc Scholarship Program
The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Center is pleased to provide a scholarship program to help provide access to the Kroc Center. It was Joan Kroc’s vision and expectation that all individuals have equal opportunities to grow their natural gifts and talents. Scholarships are available for adult and family memberships. Learn more about the different membership types.
How to Apply for a Kroc Center Scholarship
Applications are also available at the Kroc Center Welcome Desk or online here.
Please carefully follow all instructions below to complete the application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
• Scholarship applications are accepted based on availability and applicant eligibility.
• The Salvation Army Kroc Center does not grant 100% scholarships.
• Scholarships are awarded for a 12 month period. You will then be required to reapply with updated financial information.
• Please provide copies of all documents. We cannot accept originals or make copies of financial information.
• For security purposes, please black out all social security and bank account numbers.
See the box on the right for acceptable and unacceptable forms of income verification.
Return your completed application with attached copies of household income verification and proof of residency (18+) and dependency (for those under 18) to the Welcome Desk (copies will not returned and copies cannot be made by the Kroc).
How to Renew Your Scholarship
All scholarship recipients must re-apply for a scholarship at the end of their awarded year. Scholarship recipients will receive a letter regarding the deadline for renewal application submission with the required application enclosed. All household income, residency and dependency copies must be updated and submitted each year. All renewal applications submitted by the stated deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified by mail within 60 days of submission.
Income Verification for Scholarships:
A copy of Federal tax return Form 1040 is preferred. Applications submitted with a copy of the most recent Federal 1040 tax return will be reviewed same day. If the applicant meets income guidelines, the scholarship will be awarded and membership can begin immediately.
Applications received without a copy of the most recent Form 1040 will be reviewed in 30 to 60 days and must be submitted with the following proof of income:
Provide all that apply:
• Social Security Administration Letter
• Unemployment Statement
• TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
• Foster Care Subsidiary Letter
• Student Loan Disbursement Letter
• Child Support
• Any other income that pays expenses
• Cash Assistance (FIP, RCA)
• Housing Assistance (HAP)
• Food Assistance (FAP, SNAP)
• Two consecutive pay stubs for EACH wage earner, showing gross income.
NOT Acceptable for Income Verification for Scholarships:
• Bank statements
• Food stamp income
• Single pay check stub (must provide
at least two)
• W–2 form
• Personal letters